- In the official selection there were 3 female directors (Andrea Arnold for American Honey, Nicole Garcia for Mal de pierres and Maren Ade for Toni Erdmann) for 19 male directors in competition.
- Only one female director has been awarded, it is Andrea Arnold for American Honey, who has received the Prix du Jury
- In the jury compositions, we can see some efforts from the Festival, especially for the presidents nominees, but there are still some improvement to make! You can judge by yourself:
- Longs métrages jury: George Miller as president and a composition of 4 men and 4 women
- Cinéfondation et courts métrages jury: Naomi Kawase as president and a composition of 3 men and 1 woman
- Un certain Regard jury: Marthe Keller as president and a composition of 2 men and 2 women
- Caméra d’or jury: Catherine Corsini as president and a composition of 3 men et 1 woman
- In comparison with the last three years, the Festival had one female president, Jane Campion in 2014 and not two but three male presidents, Ethan and Joel Coen for the 2015 edition and Steven Spielberg in 2013.